Last night I saw these (below) beautifully wrapped presents on Pinterest. Each present is wrapped in Anthropologie's Handpainted Pompom Wrapping Paper, it's just gorgeous don't you think! Sadly we don't have Anthropologie in Australia so I decided to recreate the look using our Pom Pom ribbon
To create your own Pom Pom Christmas Wrapping Paper just cut the pom poms off our Pom Pom Ribbon. Remember to snip close to the pom pom on each side so you don't have wire poking out. Now use a hot glue gun to adhere your pom poms to the wrapped present. It's best to add your Belli Band and Ribbon before you add the pom poms so you can scatter them more easily. Seriously...it's that simple and heaps of fun! For more details on how we wrapped this present click here!
You can also make pom pom wrapping paper with our White Pom Poms. Complete the look with Brown Kraft Roll Wrap, a Coco Snow Kraft Belli Band and Red Twisted Twine. Learn how to make the pom pom bow right here.
We are very excited to reveal our very first gift cards! But these aren't just any gift cards...these have been printed on our vintage Heidelberg letterpress using luscious gold foil and stunning red ink. What's better than that? Well, did I mention that we made them right here in Melbourne, Australia!
Above is our First Day of Christmas Collection featuring stunning red ink on recycled white card stock. Each gift card comes with a four point red envelope and a red foil gift seal.
This is our Jingle Bells Christmas Collection featuring gold foil on recycled white card stock. Each gift card comes with a four point unbleached brown kraft envelope and a gold foil gift seal.
Plus we are giving away all six gift cards to three lucky people!! All you have to do is sign up to our newsletter! Just click here to sign up. Good luck!
To be in the running enter before 12 noon on Monday the 29th of October Australian EST. This giveaway is open to Australian and New Zealand residents only. The three winners will receive one of each card, six cards in total valued at $35.70. All cards include a four point envelope and foil gift seal. Winners will be picked at random. Prizes will be shipped via standard Australia Post.
This post goes out to all the lovelies who have been hashtagging Inky Co. on Instagram over the last couple of months. I love it when you guys show us how you're using our products, so for those of you not on Instagram here's a little look at what has been happening on #inkyco!
Our lovely Instagram photographers are petrinaturnerdesign // little_emilou // rebecca_buttrose // stephanie_somebody // imogensangels // alexjdye // keeffi
I've also included a couple of Inky Co.'s Instagram photos from the last couple of days. A massive thank you goes out to my best friend Alex (seen doing the awesome Wheel of Fortune pose) who was such an amazing help at Finders Keepers over the weekend!
New DIY post now up! Click here
It's been a while since we've done a DIY project for you so we're pretty excited about this tip, The Dinner Guest! This is the perfect way to turn a bottle of wine into something really special. Today we are teaching you the basics and we really encourage you to have some fun with your bottle once you've got the basics down. We've added miniature pockets, ties and even a doillie skirt made from the Doillie Kit just to show you what else you can do. Hope you guys enjoy making this as much as we did!
What you'll need!
• Your present - a bottle of wine etc.
• A roll of wrapping paper - we've used Confetti Carnival.
• Ribbon - we've used Hot Pink and Lime Paper Synthetic.
• Gift Seal - we've used a Hot Pink Present Gift Seal.
• Double sided and single sided sticky tape.
1. Roll out enough of your wrapping paper to surround the bottle once over allowing for a 1 to 2cm overlap.
2. Cut off the measured wrapping paper.
3. Before you use the double sided sticky tape to hold down the wrapping paper, move the base end of your bottle towards the edge of the wrapping paper allowing for excess paper of half the diameter of the bottle.
4. Focusing on the base of the bottle. Use your finger to push the wrapping paper into the centre, then crease and push down the right edge that this creates.
5. Continue this process until you have a spiral type fold that seals the base.
6. Seal the wrapping paper with the Gift Seal.
7. Focusing on the top end of the bottle with the join of the wrapping paper facing the table. Fold the wrapping paper so it is flat and crease the edges.
8. Measure 6cm from the very tip of your bottle and cut off the excess wrapping paper.
9. Turn your bottle over so the join of the wrapping paper is facing up. Fold the open edge of the wrapping paper over 2cm.
10. Fold the wrapping paper over again by 2cm.
11. Just under the fold line, cut 3cm to 3.5cm towards the centre. If it's a small bottle cut 3cm in, if it's larger cut 3.5cm. Make sure you don't cut into the folds you've just made.
12. With the back of the bottle facing you, fold the right corner of the cut you've just made towards you.
13. Repeat with the left side. Secure both these folds with double sided sticky tape.
14. With the front of the bottle facing you, fold the right side down so the top edge finishes in the centre of the bottle.
15. Repeat this process to the left side.
16. Unfold the creases you just made in steps 14 and 15. Thread your ribbon under the fold line. Your ribbon only needs to be about 15cm in length.
17. Pull the two ends of ribbon together bring your fold edges down to their creased position.
18. Tie a bow.